Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Art Naturally" Prep Session 1

So, once again, a pseudo last minute art show with Convergence, where I will have a painting on display for a full year in their gallery. Still kind of crazy stoked about that. It's the first painting on the Home Page under the header "2010 Community Wide Theme, Transformation - Freedom through Movement".

I had this ingenious idea for this show that I'm ging to fill this 12 foot wall right.... and it's not until last night that I actually pull out a measuring tape and lay it out on the floor with Dan and suddenly my jaw kind of drops to the freaking floor with the sudden realization of just how big 12 feet is. You don't think anything of it.... 12 feet. It's nothing. It's twice the height of the average guy. Well, take two 6 foot tall men and lay them down in a line and suddenly that's a rather large wall for art that doesn't exist yet. Shiiiit! It's gonna be one crazy week and a half. Show is June 29th, hanging is June 12th. Let's do this.

For lack of creative content because my energy really needs to be on my paintings, which Jules and her sister are coming over to be my sounding board for, (YES!) you get this email correspondence between myself and the Convergence Gallery Saviour who will remain nameless until I have her permission to put her name in here, and a pic of what I'm starting out with. Updates over the next week and a half to follow.


My email to C an hour ago:

"I think I finally figured out what I'm doing for the show... I seriously think that if I can pull this idea off that it is going to be the most labor intensive and extensive cohesive set of pieces that I've ever done in my life. This is either going to make or break me in the next 11 days. It's gonna be fun!

Dani"

Her reply to me, which is probably the best email I've gotten in months:

"Dani,

You are amazing and mind blowing. I love that you are putting so much into your art and this exhibit! I can't wait to see your presentation. You (and artists like you) are the reason F***** and I are willing to work so hard at a volunteer position! Thank you for ending a rough couple of days w/ a smile. :)

See you soon.
C"

You're welcome, C! Make love! Make art!


No comments: