Saturday, October 9, 2010

I sold my first painting.

Everyone has moments in their lives that are pivotal. Last night, I had one of those moments. I sold my first painting for $400. I am absolutely tickled pink and can't stop smiling every time I think about it. It's kind of making my face hurt, actually, but it's a good kind of pain, you know?

So "Centered" will shortly be in the collection of Mr. & Mrs. D. I'll be delivering it to them personally later on this week. I'm kind of crazy excited about it. I hung out with them the other night and saw several pieces of theirs, but they plan to show me the rest of their personal art collection which contains several pieces that cost upwards of $25,000. I have mixed feelings about that for the time being. Not any negative feelings, I don't think. It's just strange to think about my artwork hanging on a wall with pieces that have such a high price point. I'm back and forth between thinking that they got a fantastic deal buying my work and that I should start to charge more if I can sell to people with such great taste. We'll see. Pictures to follow of it hanging in their home if they will let me!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Dani,
I can't tell you how incredibly happy and proud I am to hear this exciting news!! Excellent job . . from the artwork to the networking to the sheer perseverance. Bravo! . . .be proud . . I know it's just the first of many. ;-)
Stacie

dani said...

Thank you so much, Stacie, for the encouraging words. You and Shaun have been so great to me and there's so much I want to do! i can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Dani