Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm not naked...


...but I feel like I am.  

I've set some artsy fartsy goals for myself lately.  One of them is to become better at drawing, and another to sketch more frequently about whatever pops into my head.  So you can imagine the look of horror on my face when I realized that I left my sketchbook at work last night.  It's sad when the starving artist has to decide between using gas to go get her sketchbook on her day off or waiting for two days since I have today off and a work meeting not in the store on Tuesday.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and distract myself by drawing octotrees for the one piece that is in progress right now, and I'm hoping some new music might help to enhance the distraction?  I just bought the Hazards of Love by The Decemberists, Noble Beast by Andrew Bird, and my second copy of In Rainbows by Radiohead.  (The first copy went AWOL along with an old lover a while back, I think.) Hooray for F.Y.E.'s $9.99 sale and a roommate with the hook up.

Uhg, this is soooooo frustrating.  We'll see how long I go before I break down and head to work to get my baby!

No comments: